Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Well, I'm not really, because the weather is supposed to get warm between here and Christmas, and so it will probably be a wet and slushy Christmas.

Also, I have become the sort of person who checks the weather report.  I'm not happy about this development.  Not happy at all.

Anyway, it snowed here today, and we thought that we'd let Margaret have a taste of winter fun.

First we bundled her up.



If I were to enumerate her clothing, it would take a while.  But she had 2 onesies and a sweater and a coat on the top, and a pair of leggings and a pair of fleece pants and snow pants on the bottom, and a pair of fleece socks and a pair of boots, as well as the bottoms of her too-long snow pants on her feet.  Oh, and her head had a hat, and then the hood of the sweater, and then the hood of the coat.  The hands, however, had nothing but mittens.  I feel like a bad mother.

She was ready to go out and growl at the snow.



Of course, she growls at most things.  Including her daddy, though not at this point.



We took her out and strapped her into the sled -- the infant boggan, as it is apparently called.  You can't, at Target, buy an ordinary, decent hideously colored plastic toboggan anymore.  Everything is . . . well, kids these days and so forth.  But it did mean that she could be strapped into a sled built specifically for her baby needs, which was sort of nice.  Though she was initially Very Suspicious Of Things.


But then she cheered up.



And we started sledding.



And made our first turn.



It was at this point that pictures stopped being taken.  Leo wimped out, and decided he was cold.  Which is funny, because Margaret was having lots of fun in the sled, and so I went faster and faster and slipped and fell and rolled and got snow all up my back.  I, unlike Margaret, was not wearing 17 layers of clothes, and so I was wet through and in the bitter wind.  But I dragged her about the yard a few more times before I came in.  Because I am not a sissy.

No comments:

Post a Comment