Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Geez, Mom, I'm Working On It

My mother wants to know why I haven't updated the blog in quite some time.

My records (well, the internet's records really, but who pays attention to ownership on the internet?) indicate that I last updated the blog Sunday morning.

I admit that that is a while, in blog years, but I have a cold, and the house is in transition* and I haven't taken that many pictures because we're back in St. Louis and honestly, how many times do you people want to see Margaret lying on the floor in our living room looking cute?***

Anyway, this is what I've got.  It's just going to be exaggeratedly overwrought writing making up for less interesting pictures. 

Margaret has been determinedly trying to figure out how drawers work. 


She's been hanging on, waving her hand back and forth as if she thinks that the secret to opening a drawer is picking up a good head of steam in front of it.


Sometimes she tries hanging on upside down, perhaps under the impression that if the drawer can't see you, it might be more inclined to open.


This is an attempt at the rarely-seen no touch drawer open.  It's founded on the theory that drawers are inherently contrary, and so won't open when you want them to.  The flipside of this, of course, is that they will open when you don't want them to, so the cornerstone of this method is to pretend, in front of the drawer, that you don't want it to open.

She is very good at pretending that she doesn't know how to open drawers.


Though actually, she's getting tolerably close here.  Luckily, she lacks arm strength, so until she builds them up, probably nothing to worry about.

*This is a polite euphemism for "akin to the Black Hole of Calcutta."  I've been away and then sick and Leo has been working hours and hours and hours and things are a little ugly at the moment.  Which means that my housewifely pride** shies away from posting pictures of Margaret doing cute things in front of piles of crud.

**I've not got much of it, but I've got some.

***The correct answer to this question, should you be interested, is "more that we've seen so far, because she is just SO CUTE."  So now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment