Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reading In Bed

Since last we discussed Margaret’s sleeping and reading habits, we have altered her sleeping arrangements.  She now sleeps in a twin bed* with covers.  And every night I go in before I go to bed so that I can put the covers back on her, and this is what I find.

044

237

We’ve been trying to cut down on the number of books she brings to bed, but she really does like to read until she falls asleep.

In the days when she was refusing to nap in her bed, there were a few afternoons when I drove her around to bore her to death, and she refused to be parted from her “duck book.”

093

I’m glad that she loves books, but I do worry that she likes to sleep covered in them.  Or, more often, on them.  It can’t be comfortable or good for her neck.

*For a good while, she slept in it for her nap as well as at night, but then she figured out that she could get out, so we have put her back in her crib for her naps.  This was not a popular decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment