Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Hiatus

I’ve been bad about this recently, which is, of course, unfair to my vast reading public.  My excuse is that at least half of my vast reading public is, in fact, getting to see Margaret in the flesh, and so doesn’t need to have the daily updates.  Also, they have a really slow internet connection, and I’ve had a cold.

Anyway, a little over a week ago, Margaret, Ron and I drove across the country.  I very carefully packed all sorts of interesting toys and books to amuse her as we drove.  Here she is in the latter half of Kansas, playing with an empty pop bottle.

1853

We stopped with friends in Denver on the first night, and Margaret enjoyed playing with new toys.

1856

She also enjoyed playing with the friends’ son in the park near their house.

1861

Though this picture clearly says “Hey, Mom, how come HE gets to swing so high?”

1862

We then continued on our way, and Margaret shamelessly texted while driving.

1866

I’m just impressed that she knows that the screen shows up better in the shade than the sun.

Anyway, she’s a very good traveler, and I can face the return journey without too much fear and trepidation.

1 comment: