Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Laziest Swing on Earth

Now that the weather is decent, we’ve taken to going to the park a lot.  Margaret enjoys it, and it makes it more likely that her stellar sleep schedule is going to stay on track.*  We sometimes go in the morning, and we have taken to going pretty regularly at 4:45 or so.  We go to the park right next to Leo’s office, so he can look out his windows, see us, and experience that elementary school wistfulness that comes when you’re being kept in from recess.  Well, perhaps also so that when he’s done working, he can walk over and join us in playing for a few minutes.  But mostly so that he can see us and feel jealous.

062

Sometimes I get jealous because Margaret gets to drive the whole playground and all I get to do is chase her while she does it, but I’m working on getting over that.

Anyway, Margaret is not always in like with this “running all over until she’s so tired she could fall over” plan I’ve come up with.  She likes the swings, which are not energy burning.  She likes a wide variety of swings, from the odd

070

to the traditional.

 

065

But the swing that she loves most of all is the laziest swing on earth.  It’s like a barcalounger on chains. Every time I put her in it, I feel that I need to give her a beer and a remote, because she’s going to be watching football for the next 6 or 7 hours.

But I let her get in it, because she gives me this look

072

and I have difficulty resisting it, because I know that behind those eyelids, she’s got puppydog eyes going on.

But, I drive a bit of a bargain – she has to do some time on the teeter-totter to pay for her laziness.

073

*Yes, I am perfectly comfortable with running my baby ragged.  It’s good for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment