Sunday, February 6, 2011

Birthday, Part 3 (Cake)

People have been nagging at me to get the pictures of the cake up, and other people have been nagging at me to put up videos of Margaret walking, and so I’ve spent all my spare time today trying to upload video of walking and have neglected the cake and I’m sorry.

Also, the walking video isn’t up.  I’m trying something different as I write this.

Anyway, onward to the cake.

As I mentioned previously, Margaret was anxious to get at the cake.

065

She tolerated us singing happy birthday, but she was clearly a bit suspicious.

068

Leo and I helped her blow out the candles, and she got her mitts on the cake.  She seems to be telling us that she heard that other kids got cakes this big, and she got stuck with this tiny cake.

070

I say to her that other kids’ mothers use cake mixes, and store-bought icing, so she should count her blessings.  And homemade cake can be right up at the top of the list.

Actually, as that picture shows, she began somewhat tentatively, feeling her way into the cake.  She thought the icing was a bit ooky, actually, and only changed her mind when she put it in her mouth.  And here’s a far too long series of pictures.  They make an awesome flip book.

071072074076077078081082085088090093097098

After she had smashed the cake and eaten some and rubbed the rest around, she offered us some.

110

She then started to lick the plate.

122

She found this very amusing.

120

And then she played peek-a-boo with us using the plate.

117

All in all, it seemed to be a mostly pleasant experience.

105

No comments:

Post a Comment