Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Playground

We had a couple of days of completely beautiful weather, which Margaret and I took advantage of.  We went to the playground, and I put Margaret in a swing, because she likes swings.

081

Of course, she is also completely intrigued by other children, so she spent all of the time in the swing with her head turned sideways to scope out the kid in the swing next to her.

083

I decided that I should let her out to toddle about, since there were lots of kids waiting to use the swing, and she was more interested in looking at them.

100101102

And then it got to be 5:20, and all the children miraculously disappeared (apparently I skipped the parenting class where I was meant to learn that one had to leave the park at 5:20.  Ah well).

Margaret had more scope for her wanderings, and found another swing.

098

And another another swing.

095

Which she then tried.  It has 4 buckles and 5 places to tighten the harness.  It seemed very involved.  But she liked it because I was willing to push the swing higher than usual, since there was absolutely no way she could fall out.

089090

I do feel, however, that it shouldn’t be possible to make the usual “this baby needs a beer” comment when the baby is in a swing.  O tempora, o mores and so forth.

088

No comments:

Post a Comment