Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Go Speed Racer

But first, an aside.  I was going to put up a picture of the ultrasound yesterday that announced that this blog will soon be about two girls (I suppose that this second child might feel that it was my responsibility to create a blog just for her, but I think she’s going to have to learn to cope with the fact that a lot of her things will once have been Margaret’s, and she might as well start with the blog).  The reason I am not is that none of the pictures are anything recognizable, except the one that tells you that she is going to be a girl.*

However, she appears to have a spine, and a heart that does what it’s meant to, and a bladder, and a stomach and a brain with two halves.  So that’s good.

Anyway, Margaret has been much cuter, so I will talk about her now, with pictures.

We went to the grocery store the other day, and there was the most marvelous cart I have ever seen.  It was a bit smaller in capacity than a normal grocery cart, but much more maneuverable than those carts that have the car on the front for the kids.  This one had a car-type seat with steering wheels, facing forward, but up where the usual seat would be for a kid.  And Margaret loved it.

001

It strikes me, as I look at it, that I put her in the cart as if we were in England.  But it’s never too early to learn about right-hand drive, right?

Anyway, she had a great time, albeit a slightly blurry one.

005

*Also, perhaps this is not the most auspicious first mention on the blog.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment