Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mea Culpa

We have not had a post for ages, and the reason for this is that I have been driving and driving and driving and then in crazy overtime mode trying to get my Latin course up and running.*

But now, for better or worse, school has started, so I intend to do a little more writing.**

For now, just to keep you all interested, a photodocumentary of Ellie’s introduction to solid foods.

Suspicion.  Deep suspicion. This is the first time in the high chair, and it’s weird.

001

This is tentative interest.  Notice how her eyes are narrowed.

002

The first approach.  Still not certain, and wary.

003

Tongue out; interest is piqued.

005

Processing, and still very concerned and dubious about this whole thing.

006

Reaction:  All the carrots belong to me.  In my mouth faster, woman!

007

Here!  Give me the spoon!

009

010

Seriously, Mommy.  N.O.W.

011

Since then, she has demanded two meals a day, at lunch and dinner, and has accepted nothing less.  If she’s not given them when she wants them, she takes matters into her (fortunately mostly inept) hands.

002

004

006

008

And when I finally get my spoon out, she is very, very ready for it.

023

*See?  Mea culpa makes sense.  Yes it does.

**This is paradoxical, but I promise that it makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment