Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Different Babies

It’s an interesting thing, different children.  I mean, they’ve each got their own different personalities, which seems excessive of them, really.  And then, of course, there are different things going on around them when they are small, which alters the number and quality of pictures that one might take of them.

I mean, I’m not doing badly with this blog.  I admit that it’s not as voluminous as it was with Margaret, but I’m generally posting bi-weekly (and I promise more as soon as finals are over.  I keep having to do grading, and it’s really cramping my style).

But I did realize, recently, that there are very few pictures of Ellie in the bath, and I resolved, the next time she took a bath, to rectify that situation.

And here’s where the different personalities come in.  Because Margaret was (and is) a relatively sedate bather.  She likes her bath, and she splashes and moves stuff about, and if you’d asked me 6 months ago, I would have said that she was very active in the bath.

But then I met Ellie, who – once I put her in the water – becomes part eel.  She squirms.  She splashes.  She races from one end of the tub to the other.  She stands up.  She TRIES TO WALK.  She does all sorts of ridiculously dangerous things.  She flips herself over on her tummy and puts her head underwater. 

I can’t take my hands off her for a second, which means that someone else would have to take pictures, and my someone else is usually occupied with Ellie’s someone else. 

So last time she had a bath, I did my level best.  I got one miserable picture.

040

And then she dove headfirst into the water.

So I took her out of the tub, and tried to take a cute towel picture.

041

042

This is her fault, not mine.  Just so she knows later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment