Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Spaceman Spiff

We've been trying to slowly expand Margaret's bedtime reading choices, both because we feel that more complex texts will be more boring to her, and thus more likely to put her to sleep, and also because we want her to be thinking in more complex ways herself.

These are, unfortunately, mutually exclusive.

It's also more fun to read more complex things.  It's not that I don't appreciate the merits of "Richard Scarry's Busytown," but as I am not a preschooler, I don't really like it.

Anyway, a brief tour through our basement bookshelves (yeah, we haven't moved our books upstairs after the remodel last year.  Vive le Kindle!), I came up with an option that Margaret, somewhat to my surprise, liked.



Although I'm pretty sure that she's not going to be signing up for a membership in Get Rid Of Slimy girlS, or G.R.O.S.S. anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment