Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Grandparents

There are lots of grandparental photos of the first few days of Margaret's life; one of my favorites, however, doesn't have anything to do with Margaret, except insofar as she is the event the subjects are awaiting.

 

I can't help but think of A Tale of Two Cities, and I'm positive that that's wrong.  I'm sure they weren't knitting ominously.

 
 
I'm not sure that the hospital room does much for the color palette of this photo, but the composition isn't bad.  I feel that Leo's dad has an unfair advantage when it comes to holding babies, though, because his hands are as big as they are and they can't squirm away.  This is one of life's many injustices.

 

My mom is Nana to Margaret (mostly because when one of those other grandchildren calls her Granny - and you know who you are, other grandchildren - I whip my head around and say "where!" and quickly attempt to wipe all remnants of cheekiness out of my demeanor) but this picture makes me think that she's more like Granny than she cares to admit.  Not so much in having an internalized three-headed fire-breathing dragon that could convince small children that obedience was a good idea, but in looks.
There are no pictures as yet of Dad with Margaret, because he is afraid that he's coming down with something, and doesn't want to give it to her.  He has, however, hours of video footage of her looking lazily about, which he would be happy to share on request.

2 comments:

  1. This blog seems to have a distinct shortage of avuncular photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yes. But the cat had to get his chance . . .

    ReplyDelete