Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Roaming Free Among The Chairs

This post, perhaps, will help to explain why we have built a Margaret-proof fence.

Anyway, sometime last week, she was lying on the blanket being cute.  It's kind of her default position, the lying on the blanket and the cuteness.  She was doing something particularly cute* and I turned to grab the camera.  When I turned back, she was under the table chowing down on a chair leg. 


I asked her politely to stop, and she did, though she swiftly moved to the table leg.


And brought her head into position to eat it.


And then tried to pretend she wasn't going to do anything of the sort when I pointed out that the prohibition on chair leg eating could be reasonably understood to extend to table legs as well.**


I moved her back onto the blanket, and she tried to eat me.


And then, when I proved less amenable to this plan that she would have liked, moved on to my shoe.


It was at this point that I decided to stop taking pictures and intervene.


Because I'm pretty sure that this isn't what her doctor meant by "start her on solid foods."


*Well, this blog is a testament that it doesn't have to be much out of the ordinary round of cuteness to get a picture and a story about it, but it was slightly above average cuteness.

**She didn't actually say "Oh, I didn't know that," because she doesn't know how to say any of those words except "Oh," but she clearly thought it.  Or rather, thought something along the lines of "Curses, foiled again.  This Mommy person is No Fun At All."

No comments:

Post a Comment