Sunday, August 22, 2010

Self-Swaddling Baby

We've been waffling about whether we need to stop swaddling Margaret or not.  On the one hand, it makes her sleep better.  On the other hand, at some point she needs to learn not to hit herself in the face.*

So we've had her sleep out of the swaddle, and I've gotten up every hour to get her back to sleep.

Anyway, we're back to swaddling, and Margaret is eager to help turn herself into a baby burrito.  She begins by grabbing the corner of the blanket.


And rolling.


And then rolling a little more.


At this point she gave up.  I think she was exhausted by all the productive work she had done.

\
*Though a certain amount of humor might be derived from the spectacle of a 15-year-old Margaret hitting herself in the face as she slept, we feel that it is part of our duty as parents to try to avoid this eventuality.

1 comment:

  1. OK - so - I have to start this comment with an admission that I haven't looked at the baby blog for a couple of months. But, missing my niece so, I decided to come on today and check out her progress. Low and behold I was shocked to see this latest series of pics (and particularly the last one) in which M appears to 1. have quire reddish hair (don't know if it is the lighting or the blanket, or if people just forgot to let me know that it has turned out she is a red head) and 2. she looks so much more like Leo now! I was instantly reminded of Leo's baby pics when I saw her.

    Well, she looks awesome, of course, and now I just miss her more and am sad that I haven't seen her in so long and she is changing so fast. I can't wait to see her in a few weeks!!

    -Helen

    ReplyDelete