Saturday, August 7, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ballgame (Again)

People - among them my mother, which is absolutely ridiculous - have been mentioning that it is bad of me not to blog when I am visiting my parents.  I agree that it is a problem, but my excuses are several.  First, when I am at my parents' house, the computer and the camera and the cord are not all in my living room, but may be scattered acres apart.  Or at least on different levels of the house.  Secondly, when the baby is asleep, there are parents to be visited with (and frequently a motley collection of siblings and nieces and nephews).  Third (and this is probably the most important) the internet connection is S-L-O-W here, and it takes ages and ages for the pictures to load.  I waited half an hour for this post's pictures to load up.  So it's a substantial investment of time to write these things.

But I have been taking pictures, and have a bunch of posts in backlog.  Like the one involving the over-friendly chipmunk, which I'm sure you're all dying to read.

Anyway, this weekend is the Port Angeles Little League tournament, and Benjamin and Daniel were both playing, so we tromped out this morning for a day of baseball fun. 


Margaret chose to watch from within her carseat, under a blanket, wearing a little woolly hat of which she is particularly fond.


Because it's easier to fall asleep there, honestly.  (This picture was taken before the hat went on.  In fact, after she fell asleep, we performed a dangerous hat on-putting maneuver whose success rate is not encouraging, though it worked out this time.)

The first game we watched was Ben and the other 11-year-olds playing, and Ben made the best play of the game.


This wasn't it; it was a defensive play at third involving diving and then throwing across the diamond to get the runner.  But this is just a nifty picture.*

We then had a bit less of an hour to drag ourselves to the other side of the field (away from the concession stand which sold hot chocolate, I might add) for Daniel's game.  His team is all 9-year-olds, but they were playing in the 10-year-old bracket.

Sensing certain doom, the rain began.

Well, technically, it had been raining the whole time, in that sort of half-hearted, drizzly way it often does, but during Daniel's game, it really started coming down.**  Luckily, I am a person of ingenuity, and lashed an umbrella to the stroller with the diaper bag strap and a cupholder, but only after the built-in shades had gotten saturated and began to drip on the baby.


When I wandered back to the bleachers, I managed to get a good shot of Daniel batting too.


And then, though both boys had another game, and I feel like a bad aunt altogether, I came home and put on dry clothes.


And then I put the baby down for a nap (a proper nap, not one out in the wind and rain and yelling) and started to catch up on my blogging backlog.

*See below for the companion shot of Daniel batting.

**And that is why the stroller is currently sitting in my parents' front hall - it's drying out, since I would prefer that it not mildew.

No comments:

Post a Comment