Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

We didn’t, I’m afraid, do much for Halloween, since there is a slight problem.  Neither Leo nor I felt comfortable marching Margaret around the neighborhood demanding candy from strangers that she clearly wasn’t going to eat.

We did dress her in her monkey costume and take her to her grandmother’s house.

055

She didn’t, in general, much care for the hat.  It fit fairly closely, and I think made it difficult to turn her head around* and see things.  So it spent the evening coming off, as it’s much easier to look at pumpkins without a constricting hat.

058

On Halloween, she also practiced looking like she was casting spells.

050

It’s the glowing eyes that make she think she’s trying on the occult, but Leo thinks that she looks more like  zombie baby.  I think it’s the outstretched hands.  But again, my baby is not, so far as I know, an eater of brains.

049 

She thinks that such a suggestion is laughable.

She also got cuddly with the cat.  He has been making friendly gestures to her – using her as something to rub up against and so forth – and she is eager to make his acquaintance.

001

002

007

Sometimes we have to keep her from getting too affectionate, as I’m pretty sure he’s not a fan of the ear grab.

008

*Around as in from side to side, not all the way around.  That would mean that I had some sort of evil baby, and I don’t.  Or if I do, she’s awfully good at covering it up under a veneer of cute and cuddly.

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing Puck get abused by the baby! And Grandma's hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete