Thursday, November 18, 2010

Margaret Enjoys My Childhood

One of the toys that I loved when I was small was a Fisher-Price circus train.  By the time I got it, it had seen better days.  One of the lions was slightly chewed, and the elephant was looking battered and ragged and I don’t think that the monkeys even existed, having no doubt gone off on some monkey adventure and lost to our records.*

So when I was pregnant, I scoured ebay** and found a train.  It has been a mostly decorative train thus far, but this last weekend, I pulled the engine down, and gave it to her.

079

She seemed interested.

002

I have my suspicions that she really likes the string.

097

Leo did try to teach her how to blow the whistle.

094

But I’m not sure it stuck.

Anyway, I think she likes the train.***

103

And wants to take it with her when she goes places.

105

Though this is her used car salesman look, and I hope that she isn’t trying to sell anyone the train.

*I’m sure that I’m not remembering which animals were missing and which ones weren’t.  But the point is that it was a well-loved train.

**Looked at it once or twice and found the train.

***Proving that she knows what’s good for her and isn’t going to disdain beloved toys.  Let’s hope she feels that way about Susan.

2 comments:

  1. I am kind of disappointed you didn't use the phrase "with some little train" at any point in this post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about it, but the problem with that is that I spent a great deal of time convincing myself and everyone else that the Margaret in that play is undead, and so it's just a little bit weird, you know?

    ReplyDelete