Thursday, November 4, 2010

It’s Subversive, That’s It

All of you who have been reading for a while (hi Mom!) will have heard my rants about how I don’t like clothing that imprints a personality on a child that has not yet manifested it, and I hated that lots of the girls’ clothing was princess-y and ballerina-y and – and I think this is the worst – leopard print.

Well, I do.

But apparently, I’m not similarly unwilling to brand my daughter as some sort of athletic star, which is perhaps worse, since it is impressing my own interests onto her whether she likes it or not.

My excuses?  1) It’s subverting the typical gender stereotypes, and teaching her from a young age that she doesn’t need to be buttonholed because of her gender.  2) It’s REALLY cute.

006

Also, it totally matches the shirt, which has a little patch on the cuff that says “Mommy’s Little Slugger.”

No comments:

Post a Comment