Monday, November 8, 2010

Margaret’s Literary Sensibilities, Or Her Mother’s Scruples Unscrupled

We have spend a good bit of time on this blog reading an ever-evolving theory of appropriate clothing for babies.  I frequently take positions, and then realize that I don’t really mean it.  After all, my baby is currently hanging out in a flowery pink outfit, and I’ve discovered that in certain arrangements, I like orange.

But I have, in general, avoided putting shirts on her that speak for her.

That is, until yesterday, when she wore this:

012

I’m not sure that I entirely approve, since it does give her a tone I don’t really think is appropriate in a baby (and where did she learn to use language like that?), but on the other hand, though I’m making her clothes speak for her, I’m also making her sound smart.

Or at least aware of baby-eating literature.

Anyway, she was suitably shocked by it.

013

No comments:

Post a Comment