Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas With Margaret

Margaret, who has been a remarkably healthy child, decided on Christmas Eve that it was a good idea to run a high fever.  This is my excuse for the lack of pictures.  It doesn't really work as an excuse, mind you, because she was fine after some tylenol, and went to all the parties and did Margaret-ish things, but I need an excuse.  Well, I suppose that I could argue that I was too busy enjoying Christmas to take too many pictures might work.  We'll go with that one.

Anyway, here's what I've got:  One very pugnacious picture following opening some stuff at home, and having her USC sweatshirt (Thanks to Aunt Melissa and Uncle Eric -- it fits really well and is great) stuck over her head (well, that's the one slightly tight bit, but she does have a pretty large noggin). 



And then we have some shots of her at her grandparents' house playing with the detritus of their stockings, the oranges and the chocolate and whatnot. 


I like to think that she's using the candy cane as a pool cue, but that may not be strictly accurate.  She ended up on the floor with it, but it got taken away when she tried to eat it.




One of her major gifts was a very safe rocking sheep with a harness to hold her on and everything.  Unfortunately, it is too small for her, and so has to be returned.  Also, safety is not fun, so it only really rocked enough to be entertaining if we put it on top of a balance board (don't worry, Mom, Leo was holding on).  She seemed to enjoy it, though, even if it was a bit cramped.


And then she started practicing her rodeo riding.  Without any hands.  Trying to give her mother a heart attack.

1 comment:

  1. My niece got a fever over Christmas too! Murphy's Law of Infants, I guess.

    ReplyDelete