Sunday, January 9, 2011

Reading

Margaret seems to have figured out books.  Sort of.  I mean, she hasn't gotten down the important "do not bend, spindle, fold or mutilate" rule that will make her beloved of librarians everywhere, but she has gotten that the pages are there to be turned.

And she likes doing it.

Particularly on books that aren't board books, because those are the ones that we read.  Yesterday, she stole a soup and stew cookbook right out from under my nose.


And then this morning, we gave her her Dr. Seuss book, because it's the same size, and she only took it after I tried to read it for a while, convincing her that it was something I wanted.*


I think she looks very studious.

*Anyone trying to explain mimetic desire should just get people to watch some children for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment