Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Christmas, With Traditional Headgear

[Pictures shamelessly stolen from Leo's cousin, because I forgot to take enough pictures of Margaret this Christmas.  Bad Mommy]

Christmas Eve saw us at a party at Leo's parents' house, with Leo's dad's family.  (They're not really important to the narrative, as it will focus mostly on Margaret, but I like my legion of readers to have a certain sense of background).

I was able to introduce Margaret to one of my family's traditions: crackers.  Not the kind that you put cheese on, or the kind that live in Georgia,* but the kind that surface at Christmas, make a cracking noise as they open, and have a gift, a stupid joke, and a ridiculous hat in them.  I've discovered that you can make gatherings have crackers by the simple expedient of buying them and forcing them on people. 

Anyway, we pulled the crackers, and I insisted that everyone put their hats on. 

Margaret agreed (at least she comes by it honestly)


Lacking the dexterity to accomplish her own hat-assumption unaided, she looked to her father for some help.



And looked, if I do say so myself, adorable.



But of course, I would think that, wouldn't I?

*Stephen, Chris and sons, if you're reading this, I'm not meaning to cast aspersions on your state, but merely attempting to disambiguate.

1 comment:

  1. i took those pictures hahah! josie gets the credit for the camera tho...

    ReplyDelete