Sunday, January 16, 2011

Climbing Mt. Mommy

As I have noted, when the camera comes out, Margaret frequently stops doing whatever cute thing she was doing, and charges the camera.  This leads to a series of pictures of Margaret clawing her way up my body, while I try to keep her from eating the camera.  She has lots of teeth, and they are very chompy, but I don't think that she could -- or should -- manage to destroy a camera.

She gets very determined, though, that she ought to have a chance to try.


She sees the camera,



and comes pelting across the room.  She gets her determined face on,


and climbs.



She pauses at the top to look imploring,



Then she gets her hand on the camera,


And looks proud of herself.


The whole process does make me feel a little like a jungle gym.  Not that I mind, mind you, but if I was choosing what sort of playground equipment I was going to be, I wouldn't choose the jungle gym, not least because I think they're not really allowed in playgrounds anymore because of health and safety concerns.  And I imagine that it is awkward to parent when you are barred from being on the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment