Thursday, July 12, 2012

Investigating the Glaciers

Last night, we went up to Hurricane Ridge and had a picnic, much observed by deer* and chipmunks.

And then we walked around, insofar as it was possible given that the snowpack is over lots of the trails.  And since I downloaded all the pictures on Leo’s camera today to get the ones of Margaret swimming in a lake (watch this space), I have the ones that I took last year.  See the difference.

092

093

101

107

110

And then

2844

2845

243

244

245

246

249

251

I realize that this post is long on Margaret and short on Ellie, but we thought it best to not let Ellie play in the snow, so she spent the evening snuggled up in her carrier on my chest.  Besides, there were deer who were Very Interested in what we had to eat, and so I didn’t want them to get any ideas about Ellie, who is, of course, very edible.

*Cute story – we were pointing out deer out the front window of my parents’ house to Margaret, and she said “There are deer in my Corduroy Bear book.”  We were confused, because . . . well, not to put too fine a point on it, there aren’t deer in the Corduroy Bear book.  But then she said, “He says ‘Oh, dear . . .’ and suddenly all was clear to us.  And it was adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment