Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lock Up Your Choking Hazards

So Ellie is on the move.  Which is good, because she has been slow to roll over in any organized fashion.  I mean, she managed one or two examples early on of rolling front to back, and then decided that she was over that for months, and then a few weeks ago she started rolling back to front all the time, but she was still on front to back strike.   This meant that I spent a lot of time looking at her and saying “it’s the easy one, kid.  Come on.  You can do it.”

And then she learned, and quickly figured out how to use these rolling skills in combination, and now I can’t leave her anywhere.  Nor can I leave anything else anywhere.  It’s a hard life, it really is.

008

009

And here’s the good part – that leg is moving, and she’s about to push off for another go.  But I stopped taking pictures to go and move some choking hazards that Margaret had left in a small pile just out of frame.  I think this is going to be an important part of my life from here on out.  Or at least for the next year.

011

No comments:

Post a Comment