Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Virtual Baby Book 3.0

So I've decided that it would be exceptionally cruel to the smallest of my children if I were to stop blogging at this point, because his sisters would have wonderfully curated accounts of their first 3-5 years, and he would have nothing.  It's the sort of thing that he would be bitterly recounting to his therapist at age 25 or so, so I think that it's a good plan not to give him that opportunity.

Anyway, he was born yesterday, and seems to be doing well.  He spent the day in the NICU, because he tried to choke himself last night, and they wanted to monitor him, but he seems to be doing well, and should be returned to me in the morning.

Ellie monitored him closely as well.



According to her assessment, his heart is doing fine, and going "thump, thump, thump."  So that's good.

They're both very excited to see him and touch him and hold him, which I think is good.  I hope they can rein in their enthusiasm a little bit, but I'm sure cold, harsh reality will set in for them soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see the blog up and running again! I'm starting to develop a soft spot for Ellie since she's now a middle :-)

    ReplyDelete