Thursday, October 14, 2010

Furniture Arranging

The recent Pixar film WALL-E repopularized a song from Hello Dolly, the song that is, in my opinion, the most insipid one of the whole film.

Yesterday, watching Margaret move her chair all over the living room, and twine herself through the bottom, I couldn’t help but think of another song from the musical, in which Dolly discusses how much she likes arranging things.

Like furniture.

Oh, and apparently daffodils and lives, but it’s the furniture I’m interested in here.

Now, I’m not saying that I want my daughter to be like Dolly Levi (though probably, being my daughter, she will be convinced that she could arrange other people’s lives far better than they can), but she was displaying very Dolly-ish tendencies the other day.

We have gotten her another chair that is up to her fighting weight, and she seems rather fond of it.

But the other day, she decided that she wanted it to be somewhere other than where it was.

So she threaded herself through it, grabbed the nearest electrical cord,

719 

checked to make sure I was watching,

725 

and took off.

729 

So she didn’t get far.  But look how happy she is to have gotten it to move at all.

713

No comments:

Post a Comment