Friday, October 22, 2010

In Which Our Heroine’s Mother Rethinks Her Opinion On Bows

I have, in my time, thought many cruel and perhaps unjustified things about hairbows, particularly when they were inserted into my hair. 

Margaret, however, is growing hair down beyond her eyebrows.  She doesn’t have enough for it to be a problem yet, but I can see the day fast approaching where it will be.  And perhaps by that point, she’ll have enough hair that trimming the bangs won’t seem so unfair to me, but at this moment, it seems like she doesn’t have enough hair for me to take any away.

Which brings us to barrettes.

003 

They don’t bother her at all.

And she’s snickering at me, I think, for all the thought I’m expending on something that she couldn’t care less about.

002 

Humph.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I just DIED OF CUTE.

    Perhaps hair bows can also serve as a gender signifier to people confused by the sight of a baby dressed in something other than pink?

    ReplyDelete