Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sleeping Like A Grown-Up

This weekend is my mid-semester break, which means that I get Monday and Tuesday off.  Since I have this opportunity to not have to be carefree, we decided that this was the weekend to unswaddle Margaret.

Previous attempts have, unfortunately, meant that she didn’t really sleep much at all, so we were duly worried.  And Friday’s afternoon nap – the first non-swaddled adventure – did not go well  at all.  By Friday night, however, she seemed to have figured out that if she rolled over on her stomach and pinned her arms under her body, they couldn’t bother her anymore.  Clever baby.  And she’s slept just as well as if she was swaddled.

001

So certain people who have not liked the swaddle because they thought it made her look like a mummy can rest easy and be happy that she’s sleeping unfettered and flipped over.  Of course, sometimes when I go in to check on her, she’s lying completely face-down, which I find unnerving.  I am against her suffocating herself.

Also, sorry about the poor quality of the picture.  I wasn’t about to turn on lights to get a good picture, because then I would have woken her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment