Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Swing's The Thing*

We have introduced Margaret to swinging.

First, we had to find a park that had a baby swing, an operation that took more time than you would think.


There was a minor look of trepidation when we first stuck her in the swing.  And stuck is certainly the right word, since we wedged her in place with a blanket.  It would have taken quite a bit of work to get her out accidentally, but you'll notice that she's very cleverly hanging on to the chain.


 And actually, at some points in the swinging, she managed to hang on with both hands.


She's very safety conscious.

Anyway, she had a nice time swinging.


And some of the time, she was having a fabulous time.


Leo also took her down the slide.


But she doesn't seem to understand the rule about not going down headfirst.


She also decided to try eating grass.


Leo didn't do anything to stop her.


I did, and I got A LOOK.


Also, those bangs of hers are approaching the bottom of her forehead.  What a thing.  I may have to reconsider my barrette policy soon.  Of course, my no barrette policy is really rooted in the fact that she doesn't have enough hair to support the things, and so if she has hair that needs containing, I guess I don't have an objection.
*No, it doesn't work.  This post has nothing WHATSOEVER to do with Hamlet. 

1 comment: