Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Daddy Blocks

Or “Someone in this house buys the clothes and is stuck in a rut.”  Though I would like to point out that I am not actually trying to dress my husband and my daughter in matching clothing, but sometimes it works out that way.*

Anyway, Margaret is big into building with blocks, though she likes tall towers, and so sometimes prefers to take a more supervisory role.

060

And she’s discovered that on the weekends, her father is a somewhat easy mark for block building.**

This makes her happy.

059

But sometimes she gets a little too bossy, and starts interfering with his vision of a tower that has blocks in it

064

and the whole thing devolves into roughhousing

074

with snuggles at the end.

076

*My daughter, however, certainly is.  She has discovered that she is the proud owner of a “hat-shirt,” or hooded sweatshirt, to those of you who don’t speak Margaret, and has begun to demand that she be allowed to wear it, and that Leo and I wear our hooded sweatshirts as well.  She’s very certain that either we should all have them on, or no one should have them on.  What she’s going to do when she realizes that the baby has no hatshirt, I shudder to think, I really do.

** I do a decent amount of it myself, but in my current nebulously barge-shaped condition, hanging out on the floor is less fun than you would think.

No comments:

Post a Comment