Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Helping Mommy

I feel that I am beginning to resemble a barge.  And not a sleek, easy-to-manage barge, but rather one which needs a lot of steering and horsepower and at this point my lack of knowledge as to how barges actually work is becoming a problem.  I sort of have in my head, from overexposure to nineteenth-century British children’s literature, that barges are pulled up and down locks by horses, but I’m almost certain that that information is out of date.  At any rate, I am beginning to feel like a large and unwieldy watercraft.

Margaret is being reasonably obliging.  I mean, she prefers to be carried, but she is willing to walk in on her own from the car, and yesterday, when I was bringing some groceries in, she showed herself to be a very helpful person.

054

Unfortunately, the end of this helpfulness was to chuck the bag of potstickers down the stairs, but she started off on the right foot, so that’s something, certainly.

No comments:

Post a Comment