Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Riding in Cars with Boys

Over Christmas, Margaret met (well, met again.  But she didn’t really remember it from the last time, so I think it counts as met) her second cousin Conor. 

She thought this was pretty cool.  We were talking him up, so before she met him, we went on Facebook and looked at pictures of him, and she learned to say his name.  He’s five, so he probably doesn’t appreciate that this is a rather impressive compliment she paid him.

Anyway, the first place we went with him was a model train exhibition.

He was completely enthralled.

149

Margaret was less impressed.

162

Margaret went home a little early, as the three adults she had brought with her were not up to chasing her down.

The second time they got together, however, we picked a more congenial atmosphere for Margaret.  The zoo is a little less dependent on an interest in trains.

The Children’s Zoo has some really interesting exhibits, some cool animals, and also a toy jeep.  So they hung out in the toy jeep.

179

But Margaret was very polite.  She let Conor drive (which was good, because I think he would have been offended had she insisted on taking the wheel), and listened very intently as he explained things like shifting and how radios worked.

182

And she only looked bored with his unceasing flow of transportation-related facts when he was occupied with driving.

1 comment:

  1. I am a proud cousin to see that she takes after me and my ideology that the husband (men) should be the ones driving the car ;) I recall a summer long ago when I was most upset that you drove me and my siblings to get ice cream and that Leo was not the one driving... i could have been a normal child and just have been excited to be eating ice cream!

    ReplyDelete