Thursday, January 26, 2012

She’s Always Been A Woman For Arranging Things

So Margaret has begun to get interested in music with pictures attached, and so I have been showing her clips of musicals occasionally.

And yesterday, I showed her the opening song from Hello Dolly!, and I think that she took the message to heart. 

At least, she’s been demanding things be done her way, and she has been arranging furniture.

[Here is the second introductory part of the story.  You kind of need both halves to make it make sense]

Margaret has also been getting very excited about her room.  We have moved in a chest of drawers, so she can’t get at her clothes, and we removed pretty much everything else except the bed, and, of course, her ENORMOUS BEAR.

The problem is that she really likes playing in her room (which means taking her stuffed animals off the bed and putting them on the floor, and then putting them back on the bed and admonishing them to “sit down on bedge.”  Not that she hears that any too often, of course.

But she wants me to play with her.  And the bed has rails around it, so it’s not precisely easy to get in and out of, or comfortable to sit on when one is in it.  So I have to sit on the floor, which is a position which in my current condition is NOT COMFORTABLE.  Also, getting up is a bit tricky, since I am, as discussed previously, bearing a striking resemblance to a lumbering watercraft.

The solution was to put a chair in her room.  So this morning, I maneuvered it down the stairs, pushed it into her room, put the cushions on it, and collapsed into it.

Margaret came over, pulled on my arm, and said “Out.  Mamat room.  Mamat chair.”  And then suggested that I move the thing over a few feet.

183

Sorry for the quality of the picture.  I was taking it quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment