Monday, April 20, 2015

School Days

Sometimes I worry that sending the girls to full-day school so early in their short lives will make them hate it, and thwart their education forevermore.  Because that's the sort of sane and rational fear that I can cook up in the dark watched of the night, you know?  So I worry about blighting their lives.

It doesn't seem that that is the case, however.  Yesterday, we had the girls help us clean up the upstairs.  With their help, it only took two or three times as long as it should have.  But we got the place spotless, and then Margaret and Ellie shared some of their plans for redecorating.*

They wanted the play table moved into Ellie's room with the two chairs, and they wanted paper and pens, and then Margaret grabbed her globe.

They set up a school.  It was adorable.


So I've decided that I need to find something else to worry about.

*I'm pretty sure that Ellie's dream job is one where she is allowed to move furniture all day.  The child positively glories in shoving other people's things all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment