Friday, January 24, 2014

Madame Butterfly

Margaret has begun going to birthday parties, which has given Margaret notions of birthday parties that far exceed our capabilities.

One of the last ones that we went to involved a juggler, and face painting, and far too much fun.


And Margaret ended up looking more like a geisha than I am strictly comfortable with.

Anyway, one of the things that she took away from that adventure was that she was going to have a facepainting booth at her birthday party (to which, in case you're wondering, she plans to invite everyone she knows).

I explained that hiring a face painter was expensive, and we had other things that we wanted to do with our money.

Margaret came up with a brilliant solution: "Mommy, you can learn to paint faces for my party!"

"But I am not very good at drawing, so I don't think that I would be all that good at face painting."

"No, Mommy, you are a good drawer*, so I know you will be able to facepaint."

I think that she still thinks it's going to happen.  I guess over the next week and a half, we really need to work on dialing down those expectations.

*draw-er, I think, not drawer.  I don't think that she thinks that I present bills for payment, or that I am a receptacle that slides into a piece of furniture.  Of course, with Margaret, you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment