Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow!

Or, if you're me, "ugh.  More snow."

It's not that I don't appreciate the magic of winter and all of that.  I do.  I really do.  Winter is magic and lovely and wonderful, and we should all have more of it.

But the thing is, I don't think that I've had appropriate snow gear since late high school.  My boots are short, my coats are wool, and I own no snowpants.

Do you know what this means?  This means that while Margaret is frolicking around in the winter wonderland, I am freezing my caboose off* and obsessively counting my toes to make sure that they are still there.

Margaret, on the other hand, adores the snow.

She, of course, has proper snow gear, because I am a good parent and wouldn't dream of sending her out ill equipped.  Heaven forbid my darling get even slightly chilly, after all.  And so she greatly enjoys our trips outside.  She does try to be useful, though, even though we don't have proper Margaret-sized implements for her.  (Seriously, why am I complaining about not having snow pants, when she doesn't have a snow shovel the right size?)






It was very hard for her.  She told me, before beginning, that she could shovel because she was a shoveler, and she had shoveled many times before.

After one shovel-not-quite-full, she said "Shoveling is not as easy as it looks, you know, Mommy."

I'm so glad to have her here to instruct me.

*NB: does this actually work?  Must check.  Could be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment