Friday, April 11, 2014

I Need Hep

I've noted Ellie's growing independence, and her desire to do everything by herself, whether she can or not.  The flip side of that is that once she has amply demonstrated mastery of a certain skill (stairs, for example), it frequently loses its charm, and she decides that the old way was better.

Except now she has proved that she can do it, so I'm not so keen on the old way, and so we get series of pictures like this:


See my child confidently reaching out for help, certain that it will come?



Now see my child nearly falling, because I was doing my job (taking the picture) and she was not doing hers, which was getting herself down the stairs in one piece?

I'm pretty sure she thinks that there's something wrong with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment