Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Snacks in a Fort

Yesterday afternoon, despite the fact that it was really, really cold (well, 45 degrees) both of my children insisted that they were going to play outside for an hour or so after we got home.  But they needed snacks desperately, and they needed to eat them outside, and could I please get them, but not by going inside because they couldn't possibly go inside but they needed snacks now.

Luckily, I carry snacks in the car.

Anyway, they carried them off to the center of the lilac bush, and munched away on them.









I asked Margaret if she was in a fort, and she gave me a withering stare and informed me that they were fairies, and fairies lived in bowers, so this was a bower.

Later on, I asked if they were having fun in their bower, and she informed me (in similarly disdainful tones) that they were in their secret hideout, and were now pirates.

I'm not sure that I can keep up with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment