Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So She's Mine

I took M to a bookstore the other afternoon, as Leo wanted to pick some stuff up at his office and M does love being taken to where she can see all the people.  We got a copy of The Poky Little Puppy, which she tried to put in her mouth.  Perhaps she's not quite old enough to hang onto the books on her own.

But she did seem appropriately impressed by her surroundings, exhibiting a proper feeling for the bookstore, no matter if Leo does say that paper books will be a thing of the past by the time she's old enough to pay attention.*



*Also, he's wrong on this front.  Absolutely wrong.  WronG.  Because there's no way we're going to lose paper books in the next three years, and I have scribbles on my copy of Winnie-the-Pooh to prove that people can be very interested in books at age three.  And I can date the scribbles, because they come from before I went to the preschool I went to when I was 4, because I have written my name with the capital B on its side, a habit I dropped once people made a concerted effort to teach me how the alphabet works.

Anyway, M agrees with me.  This skeptical look is no doubt for Leo's opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Both to the fact that books are great (for eating or other uses even for children under the age of 3) AND that we'll have lots of non-electronic books for a good while yet. Although, now that I've actually seen a Kindle up close, they do see sort of cute and compact and very awesome for traveling companions. (But then again, so are babies.)

    ReplyDelete