Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Butter Wouldn't Melt In Her Mouth

Though she'd sure as heck like a chance to try it, because butter is GROWN-UP FOOD AND WHEN WE SEE IT WE WANT IT.*

Seriously, I can get her to eat her baby food by taking a bite of it myself, and then suddenly it is the thing to have.  Of course, that means that I have to eat baby food, which is kind of** icky.

But sometimes, she - idiomatically - looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.


And other times she looks like she's trying to melt plastic in her mouth, and would do very well, thank you, if people would keep their interfering noses out of her business which she can manage all very well on her own.






 *The technical writing textbook I'm teaching out of - freshman comp for engineers.  You have no idea the pain and the screaming and the clawing of the eyes - suggests that I warn students that using all caps is bad netiquette.  Which meant that I had to explain what etiquette was.  And what a portmanteau word was.  And what a portmanteau was.  It is exhausting.  But the only way to express how Margaret feels about things that OTHER PEOPLE PUT IN THEIR MOUTHS is to use all caps.

**When it's peas, it's REALLY icky.  And that one was all me, but the way I feel about unseasoned pureed peas from a jar can really only be expressed in all caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment