Tuesday, September 21, 2010

She'll Eat Her Hat

I should first apologize for the scandalous gap in my blogging.  It's really that my camera has gotten some sort of schmutz internally, and has to be sent off to the manufacturer to be replaced, as per warranty.  Of course, I got said camera in Port Angeles, after Margaret's attempted suicide* and the paperwork didn't migrate with me.  So I had to get a proof of purchase replacement (which I now have) and will be visiting the camera store this afternoon to send it off.

Which means that we are stuck with cell phone pictures for a while.

Anyway, even though it is unseasonably warm in St. Louis (which takes some doing, I can tell you) we went to the Botanical Garden this morning because . . . actually, I'm not sure why, but we did.  Probably because we kept saying, on all the cool and crisp days, that it would be nice, and then we chose remarkably badly.

Since it is still sunny here, Margaret wore one of her hats.  On reflection, I think it's the hat that she ALWAYS wears when going to the Botanical Garden.**



She sat in her stroller without her infant seat, so felt very grown up.


You can tell by the way that she's looking at the snack and drink holders on her stroller in a questioning sort of way.

Her hat has a habit of sliding into a rakish angle.


Which causes her to look around to see if someone can do something.


When we failed, she took matters into her own hands (and mouth) and dealt with her hat all by herself.


What a resourceful baby.

*Yes, that's how I'm remembering it.  Nothing to do with my clumsiness AT ALL.

**We went once before and she wore the same hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment