Monday, September 13, 2010

Her Uncle Ron Is More Daring Than Mine; Or Margaret Tries Cinéma Vérité*

I know that I promised pictures of the wedding, but there have been various technical difficulties involving the theft of my camera cord by the same Ron mentioned in the above paean to his superb uncle-ing and my computer's power cable deciding to go walkabout while I went to Cape Cod, no doubt feeling that it deserved a vacation, and should thus take one.

Since, however, I imagine that you have all been experiencing extreme Margaret withdrawals (except, perhaps, those of you who were actually at the wedding and so got to see her in the flesh and without my running commentary) I have here a little of her experimental cinema.




I would like especially to draw your attention to the haunting incidental music provided by Slightly Terrifying Giraffe.  I think that it is his malign influence that has led my daughter down this path.

*Please see this description.  I draw your attention especially to the first paragraph, which identifies cinéma vérité as
a style of documentary filmmaking, combining naturalistic techniques with stylized cinematic devices of editing and camerawork, staged set-ups, and the use of the camera to provoke subjects. It is also known for taking a provocative stance toward its topics.
I feel that this exactly describes the following video (especially the part about using the camera to provoke subjects).  Also, filming and editing credit go to Margaret's uncle Ron.

No comments:

Post a Comment