Thursday, March 17, 2011

Margaret Loses Brain Cells, Or Another Sleeping Pose

When Margaret was first born (and before) I pored over tomes on the proper care and feeding of infants.

I found them to be more terrifying than helpful, as they detailed all the things that could go wrong.  All the things I hadn’t even managed to begin to worry about were there, laid out in black and white.

One of these books warned me against letting the baby sleep in the car.*  This sleep, the book told me, was not as restful as proper sleep in a bed, and would keep Margaret’s brain from developing properly.

Well, Margaret’s SAT** scores took a hit today.

024

Still, she’s awfully cute, so maybe it won’t matter if I’ve made her dumb.

026

*Presumably, I should have hired someone to ride in the back of the car with an airhorn to blow in Margaret’s ear when she showed signs of nodding off.

**Or ACT, since that seems to be the preferred test in our neck of the woods.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the sweatshirt from the highly regarded university will help to counteract the effect of the sleep in the car.

    ReplyDelete