Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mine!

Those of you who are regular readers may recall that my mother and my niece made a quilt for Margaret for her birthday.  You can see Margaret trampling all over it in this picture.

031

While they were making it, something terrible happened to a square that was meant to have a bookish owl on it.  They made the quilt smaller, but were sad, because the owl was a really cool design.  I suggested that they might make Margaret a pillow with the owl on it (because I’m always trying to help people feel happy, you know?  No attempts to wring pillows out of people, none at all).

So this afternoon, they made it.

We kidnapped Hannah from school*, and chained her to a sewing machine all afternoon.

045

Margaret looked on with great interest.

049

The finished product was pretty amazing.

051

It was so amazing, in fact, that Margaret wanted it immediately.

052

Hannah moved to another part of the room so I could get the picture, but Margaret was fast in pursuit.

054

She snagged the pillow

057

And took it away with her.

058

*Seriously, they just let me get her from school, even though I don’t have a note or anything, and she didn’t know that she was supposed to come with me.  Small towns are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment