Sunday, June 13, 2010

What Are We Going To Do Tonight, Brain?*

I spend much of my time wondering what's going on in that enormous head of M's.  It seems that she must lack the facility for a lot of abstract thought.  It seems somehow unlikely that she is pondering the problem of evil or trying to figure out a way to equitably distribute the world's resources.  But occasionally, she looks like she's contemplating world domination, and I find it a little unnerving. 

This morning, she went from a perfectly easy to cope with "Don't take my picture; it's early" sort of face


 to a "hey, what are these things attached to the ends of my arms" sort of face


to a "that's right - they're those things that I rub together when I'm plotting" sort of face


and then back to innocence.


Anyway, I wouldn't trust her further than I could throw her.**  And I suggest that the rest of you be careful as she grows up. 

Of course, she could, instead of planning to take over the world, be trying to finally get a bead on those pesky hands.  But I say you can't be too vigilant in the fight against mad geniuses and world domination.

*What?  Her head is big.  And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you're either too young or too old, and I would suggest going here or here.

**I imagine that I could throw her further than most people one applies that comment to, but I assure all of you that I haven't tried it and have no intention of trying it.

2 comments:

  1. I am getting a distinct "they call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing" vibe from that second pic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or else she's saying "So that's what finging is. Hmmm." And she'll forget by her third birthday :)

    ReplyDelete