Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We're Back

And highly apologetic for the dearth of posts in the last ten days.  Our excuse is that many of the people who use this blog to keep up with M were actually seeing her in the flesh (and so perhaps needed less pictoral evidence that she exists) but we understand that some of you didn't trek to the drizzly Northwest to see the baptism.

(I seem to be stuck in the plural; sorry about that.)

Anyway, after not packing M in the suitcase, I flew to Seattle, drove to Port Angeles, and was greeted by yet another amazing cake made by my niece Alynn.  (And this one was for me!)


We then went home and went to sleep, as M was a VERY TIRED BABY.

The next morning, we went out on the waterfront trail, and M stayed in her stroller, surrounded by tokens of grandmotherly affection (Kate made the hat and sweater and my mom made the blanket).


Sorry, another shot of baby earflaps, because they're cute.


While in Port Angeles, M and I also met up with Katie, who I have known pretty much all of my life, and who also went to college with Leo and I, as well as her husband Garrett, another fellow Willamette alum.  They were just back from a long tour of South America (9 months or so) but had to come back to see M.  Oh, and their parents and grandparents and siblings and nephew.  But mostly M.


There was cheek munching.



We also managed to meet up with M's aunt Jana (or my sister Jana, I suppose) who couldn't make it to the christening because she's studying for some scary test involving knowing things about numbers and economics and when she tries to explain it to me I begin to have a panic attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment