Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bedtime Reading

I’m beginning to wonder about this child of mine.*

She likes, as I’ve mentioned, playing with books, and tonight she gathered up some grown-up books to read to herself.

One of them is called The Happiest Toddler on the Block.

002

The other was The Duchess of Malfi.

004

Let me tell you that The Duchess of Malfi is not written by Dr. Seuss.**

It’s a nasty little play, and Margaret found it depressing.

008

So I read her We’re Going on a Bear Hunt and put her to bed.  I only just realized that that may have been upsetting, since I call her “Bear.”  Oh dear.

*I’m also beginning to wonder about me, because who leaves unsuitable books lying around?

**I’m now sort of morbidly fascinated by the thought of a Dr. Seuss version, but that’s probably best left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment