Friday, May 6, 2011

Margaret-ella (Hopefully With Fewer Talking Mice)

I always had, in the back of my mind, a sense that children might be good for something.  I mean, I distinctly remember doing dishes and vacuuming and laundry and cooking at tender ages, so it seemed like a plan: have children, and then set them to clean the house.

Unfortunately, this plan has been mostly backfiring, as Margaret makes more messes than she tidies up.  She has developed a certain mania for putting things into other things, but it’s been hard to channel these urges into anything constructive.  I’m far more likely to end up with a pacifier and a block in my teaching bag than we are to have toys in the appropriate bins.

On the bright side, she seems to have taken up sweeping.

074

076

She absolutely adores playing with this half-broom that I use to sweep the snow off the car in the winter.  See how proud she is of herself?

082

Leo’s mom has also been helping with her training.  The other morning, when I went to pick Margaret up after class, I found that she was doing the dishes.

002

She’s very serious about it, and does not necessarily appreciate interruptions.

004

I don’t, however, think that she’s going to be up to ironing until she’s at least 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment