Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Favorite Mudlark

And now the spell-check is saying that mudlark isn’t a word, which goes to show what it knows.  Of course, Margaret wasn’t actually trying to support herself by her muddy pursuits, but I think that it’s still an appropriate use of the word.  After all, there was a minor river in our back yard last night, and she larked about in it.

090

Though she did seem to wonder what I was doing letting her play in the mud.  Or perhaps that’s guilt.*

081

Anyway, whatever it was, she soon forgot it and went back to the lots of lovely muck at her feet.

085

*Also, I think that I’m going to submit this photo of her playing at the sewer grate along with the one of her playing with the propane tank to some sort of Mother of the Year contest, because I feel that those pictures would make me a shoo-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment